Even though Benjamin Enterprises’ team members have a personal obligation to meet the fundamental workplace requirements established by law and by regulation, as an organization we encourage our employees to reach beyond these basic requirements to realize a higher level of achievement.
To achieve these goals and to encourage team members to care for the environment and appreciate its importance, Benjamin Enterprises will:
- Maintain in each business unit accountability for environmental health and safety;
- Provide training to prepare team members to meet environmental challenges;
- Integrate sound environmental practices in all aspects of our business;
- Support research to develop new technologies to improve environmental performance;
- Strive for continuous improvement in waste reduction and recycling, pollution prevention and risk reduction;
- Maintain open communications on environmental issues with regulatory agencies, environmental groups, customers and team members;
- Work with our customers to pursue and promote energy efficiency; and,
- Periodically and objectively audit and evaluate our compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and address opportunities for improvement in a prompt and effective manner.
Benjamin Enterprises has a policy of environmental excellence and requires all of its team members and partners to share in its commitment to environmental excellence. Contractors, subcontractors or any of our team members that violate this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, including removal from the job.